|Published||September 18, 2022|
|Specialty||Long Term Acute Care (LTAC)|
|Shift(s) Description||12 Hour Nights (36 Hour Guarantee)|
|Shift Type||Night Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Daily Stipend|
The hours are 7p-7a, three days a week with rotating weekends.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident to Charge Nurse/DON.
- Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from work.
- Follow established policies and report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to your charge nurse.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care, bath functions, dressing and undressing as necessary, hair care functions, nail care, and eye and ear care and toileting.
- Assist male and female residents in removing facial hair daily or as needed.
- Keep residents dry (change gown, clothing, linen, etc.,when it becomes soiled or wet.
- Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under resident.
- Make beds (occupied and unoccupied).
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position.
- Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions. Maintain intake and output records as instructed. Follow individual toilet plan for each resident.
- Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
- Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as instructed.
- Assist and transport residents in preparing for medical tests, activities and social programs etc. as necessary.
- Answer resident calls as promptly as feasible.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers.
- Report injuries of any source, including skin tears and bruises.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving residents.
- 1 year of CNA experience - Required
- BLS - Required
- Covid Vaccine - Required
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS