|Location||North Charleston, SC|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2023|
This position performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the physical aspects of the buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
1. Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as preventative maintenance on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
2. Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
3. Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance department by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
4. Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
5. Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
6. Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
1. Complies with FCA’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
2. May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
3. Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Incumbents work in an office environment.
Incumbents need to be able to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time and bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
Incumbents must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Incumbents must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes taking “call” during evenings, weekends and holidays.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Incumbents must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling. (Applies to Certified Service Technicians.)
Incumbents must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions. (Applies to all Service Technicians.)
Incumbents must have valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart on property.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Incumbents must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.