|Published||September 18, 2022|
|Shift(s) Description||The position will be a straight 40 hours, 4, 10 hour shifts from 10:30A-9:00P, varying days Monday- Saturday|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Daily Stipend|
Responsible for performing all aspects of patient exam activities at a technical level that will produce high quality images consistent with established policies and procedures at a technical level typically requiring general supervision. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specializes in performing ultrasound diagnostic studies.
- Obtains patient history, explains standard procedures, and addresses patient concerns to foster a sense of comfort and confidence to patients and ensure the needs of individual patients are met.
- Operates and maintains all assigned ultrasound scanning equipment to ensure it works properly.
- Positions patients, selects appropriate transducers and machine settings and conducts scanning procedures to correctly capture the images requested by a physician.
- Completes quality assurance processes and practices radiation safety in order to reduce exposure to patients, staff and self. Complies with all The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local regulatory laws, standards, and protocols.
- Maintains all required documentation, logs, charts, forms and records in paper and electronic formats.
- Maintains an adequate supply of all consumables to perform quality testing.
- Performs all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol for all imaging equipment.
- May assist other areas of radiology as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- 4+ Years of Experience - Required
- Comfortable in a fast paced setting - Required
- Travel Experience - Preferred
- Pediatric - Geriatric exp - Required