|Published||September 13, 2022|
|Shift(s) Description||2nd Shift 3pm-11:30pm|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Daily Stipend|
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THEY HAVE WORKED FOR LAB ALLIANCE IN THE PAST
This position will be in the Histology Department
Using independent judgement, the successful candidate performs both routine and complex laboratory procedures including diagnostic testing, result reporting, quality control and quality assurance, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to operate clinical laboratory technical instrumentation.
- Ability to work with departmental computer/PC applications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and instrument printouts.
- Ability to document brief reports regarding test results and operational problems/follow up.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from coworkers, patients, and physicians.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts of normal range and standard deviations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios, as applied to technical procedures.
- Ability to solve problems regarding instrumentation, technical procedures, or testing results.
- Ability to interpret instructions from SOP, vendor manuals that are in written and/or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate verbally and interact with physicians, nurses, coworkers, and vendors regarding blood bank and tissue services.
- At least 2 year of clinical laboratory experience - REQUIRED
- Histology experience- REQUIRED
- Must be able to set-up cultures and perform work-ups - REQUIRED
- Must be to work in transfusion services *Blood Bank* - REQUIRED
- Must have NYS license- traveler can apply for a limited permit with NYS
- ASCP – Highly Preferred
- BLS (AHA)
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- New York