|Published||September 11, 2022|
|Shift(s) Description||PRN - as needed basis. Shifts TBD. Half day is 4 hours. Full day is 8 hours.|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Travel, Flight, Hotel, Rental Car or Mileage, Daily Stipend|
|Requirements||Active State License|
- ASAP - ongoing
- Willing to accept providers with sporadic availability - will be on an as-needed basis.
- Willing to accept these specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, etc, or anyone with a background in general medicine, or experience with compensation and pension.
- One-Time non-treatment C&P exams + separation health assessments
- Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing.
- No prescribing, no treatment
- Quick credentialing & onboarding
- DMA certification available (can get CME credits)
- Use of Goniometer required
- Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
- Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
- Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)/Independent Medical Opinion (IMOs)
- Reporting/DBQs/IMOs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
- Record review is required in most cases
Rate breakdown and travel reimbursement caps:
- Half-day - $800 flat rate (includes times to complete exams, submit report, including any addendums)
- Full-day - $1600 flat rate (includes times to complete exams, submit report, including any addendums)
- Airfare - up to $650 per roundtrip domestic flight
- Lodging - up to $200 per night
- Rental Car - up to $100 per day including gas
- Mileage - IRS Standard Rate (not to be used with rental car - for personal vehicles only)
- *If you are unable to find accommodations within these guidelines, contact AHSA for pre-approval for any overages. If it is not pre-approved, the client will not reimburse over the amounts listed above.
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions - Required
- Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) - Required
- Must follow rate structure and meet rate requirements - Required
- Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits - Required
- Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience - Highly Preferred
- Provider within 30 miles - Required
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
- Active and unrestricted full license - Required