|Published||September 9, 2022|
|Shift(s) Description||8 AM to 4:30 PM with 30 minutes for lunch - 8 hours per day|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Travel, Flight, Hotel, Rental Car or Mileage, Daily Stipend|
|Requirements||BLS Certification, Active State License|
- Date of coverage: 11/22-11/23, 11/25
- 8 AM to 4:30 PM with 30 minutes for lunch - 8 hours per day
- No call
- Adult and geriatric population
- Max 9 patients per day, but varies based on census
- 9 bed inpatient unit
- Will Other Physicians Provide Coverage During Locum's Coverage Dates (List Names)? There is a hospitalist group that assists medically with the patients, however locum is primarily responsible for the unit and the patients inpatient POC.
- How Many Mid-Levels Provide Coverage? There are mid-levels within the hospitalist group but this locum will not be their supervising provider.
- Describe Office Ancillary Staff: Unit is typically staffed with 2 nurses, 1 CNA, and 1 intake coordinator / nurse case manager. In addition the unit is attached to the therapy unit which provides the 3 hours of therapy per patient per day.
- EMR: Cerner Powerchart
- Level 3 Trauma
- Required procedures: discharge summary/med rec, weekly care plan documentation, pre-admission screening review and documentation per CMS guidelines, clinical staffing/care plan meetings, PAPE/H&P, disability/impairment assessment, prosthetics and orthotics
- Trained in caring for qualifying diagnoses to IRF unit
- A rehabilitation physician is uniquely qualified to determine whether a patient is appropriate for IRF care or not. Thus, according to the regulations, it must be a rehabilitation physician with specialized training and experience in rehabilitation who reviews and concurs with the preadmission screening prior to the IRF admission.
- Credentialing timeline: ~4 weeks
- Will pay for full travel
- Board Certified - Required
- Active IA license - Highly Preferred
- BLS - Required
- COVID Vaccine - Required, note at time of name clear
- Must be able to cover dates listed - Required, note at time of name clear