|Published||September 14, 2022|
|Specialty||Community Health Nurse|
|Shift(s) Description||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
FULLY COVID VACCINATED AND BOOSTED TRAVELERS ONLY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS NEED. Booster required by February 28, 2022 as directed by the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health. Declinations are not accepted for this need.
The Community Health Nurse (CHN) provides, teaches, supervises and documents nursing care of the sick and injured at home.
- The CHN intervenes to promote, maintain or restore health to prevent illness and to effect rehabilitation
- The CHN collaborates with other healthcare providers, professionals and community representatives to coordinate care at home
- The CHN evaluates the individual’s and families’ response to interventions.
- Ability to function independently under general guidance of the Director and follows the guidelines and protocols and/or policies and protocols specific to each unit
- Duties require independent action and judgment
- Utilizes time management, communication, planning, delegating, and problem solving in providing care.
- Must possess and demonstrate critical thinking skills. Must maintain emotional stability in emergency settings.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to develop and maintain records and communicate clinical data in verbal and written form
- Willing to be flexible regarding work hours.
- Ability to drive an automobile in inclement weather.
- Must be willing to accept “on call” responsibilities.
- Conforms with Patient’s Rights Policy.
- History of dependability in meeting demands of committed work schedule.
- One year acute nursing care required, hospital based preferred.
- Experience in home health Required
- Certified Home Health Required Including Proficieny with OASIS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of nursing.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply community health principles and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a clinician with minimal supervision or assistance.
- Experience with self-scheduling of caseload preferred.
- History of flexibility in assuming varied assignments.
- BSN strongly preferred
- Current Driver License (and insurance) Required
- In order to effectively provide home care, they must have a working knowledge of home care reimbursement and regulatory guidelines.
- BLS (AHA)
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS