|Published||September 26, 2022|
|Specialty||Behavioral Health - Mental Health|
|Shift(s) Description||7:00 AM - 7:30 PM|
|Shift Type||Day Shift|
|Expenses Covered||Daily Stipend|
Upon completion of orientation and under general supervision, provides professional nursing care to behaviorally disturbed and mentally ill patients. The Registered Nurse communicates and works collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team i.e. medical staff, administration, clinicians, dietitians and milieu personnel. Takes reasonable care and precautions to ensure high patient safety standards and a therapeutic environment exist. Assumes professional responsibility for both critical and “nice to know” communication occurs in support of continuity of care. Continuously serves as a professional nursing role model to patients, their families, colleagues and concerned others. May assume a coordinating or supervisory role with assigned licensed nursing and milieu personnel i.e. assignments, monitoring schedule/work, follow-through and high acuity direction.
- Consults, follows and documents with sufficient detail nursing care according to facility policy and procedures. When policies do not comprehensively cover the nursing/administrative practice, initiates supervision with nursings chain of command, medical staff and/or administrator-on-call if afterhours.
- Effectively communicates with the medical staff, receives verbal/written orders and takes care to minimize abbreviation or other errors.
- Conducts a comprehensive nursing assessment on all patients admitted within eight (8) hours. Corresponding documentation reflects the medical and emotional status, admitting orders and the initial care plan.
- Identifies indicators for reassessment of the patients conditions, reaction/responsiveness and involvement of other disciplines.
- Administers medications, observes compliance/safe administration, consults pharmacy when indicated and records effectiveness or reactions to psychotropic and other medications.
- Safely and accurately performs vital signs, electrocardiograms, phlebotomy/labs and diabetic/glucose monitoring. Interprets results and takes appropriate nursing action.
- Provides patient education and verifies understanding.
- Arranges for additional consultations and test, and proactively coordinate transportation when needed.
- Monitors the work of assigned licensed and non-licensed personnel. When indicated initiates a refresher or recertifies competency in nursing processes.
- IA (or compact) RN license - REQUIRED
- Must be comfortable working in a detox setting
- 2 years of behavioral health experience - Preferred
- New Grads are welcome to apply
- Option for temp to perm
- Candidates within 40 miles of facility will not be considered
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS